There currently exists a vacancy on the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board representing District 11 due to the resignation of Mr. Dalton Jay Devall effective April 30, 2007.
Pursuant to Louisiana Law, the School Board must fill the vacancy within ten (10) days of the vacancy.
The School Board plans to fill the vacancy on Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at a special Board meeting which is scheduled to begin at 5:00 p.m. The meeting will be held in the School Board room which is located at 1050 South Foster Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806.
Individuals who are interested in applying for this vacancy should submit a resume and letter of introduction expressing your opinions about your role as a School Board member to:
Lynn West, School Board Office P. O. Box 2950 Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70821-2950 Phone: 225/922-5567
The letter should also affirm that the candidate meets the requirements to be a member of a parish school board, which is listed below. All resumes must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, May 7.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS Persons eligible to serve as members of the School
Board shall have the following minimum qualifications:
1. A School Board member shall have attained the age of eighteen (18).
2. A School Board member shall be domiciled in the election district for the preceding year, except after a reapportionment.
3. A School Board member shall have resided in the state for the preceding two (2) years.
4. A School Board member shall be able to read and write.
5. A School Board member shall not be serving on certain other boards specified in the Constitution of Louisiana.
6. A School Board member shall have affirmed to the prescribed oath.
Principal Brister in Washington, D.C., to Accept McKinley Middle School’s Second Blue Ribbon Award
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, Principal Herman Brister (pictured, left) and the school’s Teacher of the Year, Lynn Williamson (right), were in Washington, D.C., accepting McKinley Middle Academic Magnet School’s National Blue Ribbon Award from U.S. Department of Education’s Director of National Blue Ribbon Schools Program Aba Kumi (center). The event, which recognized some 314 schools from across the United States, was held at the Omni Hotel. Click herefor story.
Subscribe to the EBRPSS eNews to receive our bi-weekly eNewsletter.